|Location:||Brockton Specialty Clinic, Massachusetts|
|Project Type:||Major Renovation’s of the interior on the 4th, 5th and 6th floors simultaneously.|
- Demolition was all masonry & concrete 7,252 square feet of floors, walls, & ceilings.
- All piping inside the walls & ceilings was insulated with asbestos insulation.
- All water piping was 62 years old, the life span of that piping was deplorable.
- All the electrical inside the walls & ceilings was not up to code, also it was 62 years old.
- All of the flooring was asbestos.
- All work on 5th & 6th floors were being fed from the existing utilities located on the 4th floor which was and still is occupied by the VA Contracting Department for the entire VISN 1 (Veterans Information Systems Network) area.
- Coordination was extremely important throughout the projects duration.
- All demolition of floors, walls & ceilings was performed on a night shift, not to disturb the patients.
- All pipe insulation was abated by the asbestos contractor to keep a safe working place.
- All water piping demo was performed on a night shift, so that it wouldn’t affect the hospital.
- All the electrical had to be re-worked to keep the power for the hospital.
- All of the flooring asbestos removal was preformed with the newest equipment, & taken off site daily.
|Evaluation:||DCAMM Score 96 out of 100|